Real-World Data and Real-World Evidence
Real-world data (RWD) and real-world evidence (RWE) are playing an increasing role in healthcare decision-making. According to the FDA, RWD are the data relating to patient health status and/or the delivery of healthcare routinely collected from a variety of sources, while RWE is the clinical evidence regarding the usage and potential benefits or risks of a medical product derived from analysis of RWD.
BSSI, in collaboration with pharma and biotech clients, analyzes data from a variety of sources, including:
- Molecular data generated from public and proprietary libraries;
- Biometric information collected through wearable and other electronic devices;
- Electronic health records (EHRs);
- Patient-reported data.
- Analysis of “big data” from precision medicine platforms such as Flatiron, Foundation Medicine, and Tempus;
- Collaboration with pharma clients on integration, analysis, and interpretation of data from laboratory developed tests (LDTs) or companion diagnostics (CDx);
- Augmenting clinical trials and drug developing using RWE.