At the corporate level, BSSI supports multiple philanthropic initiatives with over 10% of profits funneled directly to charitable causes, locally and internationally.
One of these causes is a humanitarian effort focused in South Africa’s Free State Province and Zamani village, a region with the country’s highest HIV infection rate as well as a disturbingly high unemployment rate of 90%. Mission H.O.P.E. USA is a non-profit organization primarily funded by BSSI that was founded to help individuals and families in this region who are suffering mainly from the impact of AIDS or poverty.
Mission H.O.P.E. USA
This initiative is directly reaching those in need by offering:
- Shelter for children at high risk of mortality in the Dumisani Youth Care Center in Memel, South Africa
- Provision of basic needs and regular meals with the Feeding Program, and
- Mechanisms for enabling self-sufficiency and development of job skills with the Sisanani Sewing Project
Other Philanthropic Support
- Donations to local schools for science and technology improvements, library improvements, and scholarships
- Sponsorship of youth athletics (e.g., local clubs, and Junior Olympics), and
- Resources for international humanitarian efforts in various Latin and South American countries
View some of the work that BSSI supports